Who are we?
We are a ministry and team that want to see the Good News spread to the Shan people in Northern Thailand and into Myanmar.
We are located in Northern Thailand in the Chiang Mai district (north).
We started up this ministry February 2017 and are two couples at the moment.
Three locals Shan/Karen and one foreigner from Norway.
We are cooperating with and get some support from a mission from Switzerland. (Mission Pluss)
We are also connected with Youth With A Mission and some Churches, both locally and in Norway.
What we do?
During one week we have several house meetings.
We are visiting people and make connections.
Helping and teaching some languages, Shan, Thai and English several places in orange farms and rice fields.
We follow up and visit some children and young adults whom we have known for a while.
We have Sunday school on a rice field every week, where we teach from the Bible one hour and English for one hour.
Weekly we reach out to around 40-60 people (including children), and we go out as a team of two families almost every day/evening.
We also follow up two Shan families and a house church in Chiang Mai, and go there at least once a month to visit them.
We also sometimes have special meetings, outreaches and arrangements like Christmas parties.
We also reach out on the Internet and socal media.
We record videoes/mp3 and post it on YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo etc. with teachings about value, Gods unconditional love, restore the broken hearted and evangelical messages.
We website and a Facebook page called Good News for the Shan: http://shan.btww.net
Who are the Shan?
The Shan people comes from Myanmar (Burma) and are the largest ethnic people group in Myanmar with over six million people. They have their own state called the Shan State.
They are mainly Buddhist and there are few Christians among them.
They are related to the Thai people and the language have some similarities with Thai.
Shan in the local language is Tai or Dai.
Our main vision is to restore the broken and broken hearted. (see also: http://GoodNewsForBrokenHerats.com)
We believe the core issue for most conflicts and problems in life, comes from a broken heart, guilt, sham and a lack of knowledge of our true identity.
Luke 4:18 (Is 61:1)
"The Spirit of the Lord is on Me; because of this He has anointed Me to proclaim the Gospel to the poor. He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim deliverance to the captives, and new sight to the blind, to set at liberty those having been crushed,
Our main goal is to reach out with the Good News to the Shan people.
We especially want to reach out to the poorest of the poor and the most disadvantaged, to those who have broken hearts and have experienced a lot of rejection.
We find particularly many of these among those who have come over from Myanmar to Northern Thailand.
- We want to help to see families and marriages restored and stabilized.
- We want to help to make a more stable life for the Shan people in general.
- We want to help to give children and youth a better future.
- We believe that when children, youth and adults see their true value, acceptance and love of God, they can change a nation, and prevent families falling apart. And again prevent problems like alcohol and drugs abuse and prostitution to happen.
- Helping Shan people to find their true identity as Shan
- Helping Shan people to find their true identity as sons and daughters of God and who God created them to be.
- Restore them back to who God made them to be, and restore their broken hearts
- Go to and build relationships and friendships with the Shan where they live and work.
When people become Christians, start house churches/fellowship.
Main focus: Start house churches and house fellowships.
- Train and disciple local leaders and key persons who can disciple others and continue this vision.
- Oversee, encouraging, covering, help and guide local evangelists, teachers, key persons and leaders.
Also be a help to find sponsors/support, or part time work for local evangelists, teachers, key persons and leaders. (Short therm/long therm)
- We also want to be able to assist and help / train locals (and also other people groups from Thailand and Myanmar) who want to reach out to the Shan people. Like: How to reach out to the Shan people? Help the locals to start house fellowship, start simple schools/day care, etc.
- We also want to see more missionaries out among the Shan, and I believe that if we are to reach the Shan people, the most effective way is to do this together.
- We believe in team work.
- We want to facilitate and help people to do this, short or long therm.
- We also want to facilitate for short therm volunteers and teams that want to help and reach out to the Shan people. See this page! Teams&Volunteers